We talk a lot about teeth, but your tongue is just as important for many reasons. Here are just a few amazing facts about the tongue.
- It houses between 3,000 and 10,000 taste buds that allow us to perceive taste. These sensory cells renew themselves each week.
- It makes it possible for us to eat, talk, and swallow daily. Plus it aids in digestion and mouth cleaning.
- Thanks to its extreme agility and flexibility it can produce more than 90 words per minute,
- Its color can give your doctor or dentist clues about your overall health.
- With all the work your tongue does for you, make sure you take care of it properly by brushing both on the top and underneath at least twice per day.