Say cheese! A smile is likely the first physical feature people notice when meeting someone. Knowing this, it’s important to feel confident in your smile and teeth. To enhance the appearance of your smile and give yourself a confidence boost, follow these 10 tips to a whiter, brighter smile. P.S. It’s not all about the whitening strips.
- Avoid tooth staining drinks like soda and coffee. Instead, reach for the water to keep your mouth hydrated and happy.
- Consume less sugar. Not only does sugar cause cavities, it also interacts with the bacteria in your mouth to produce a tooth-staining acid!
- Use whitening toothpaste. Reach for the products at the store that say whitening or contain baking soda.
- Brush at least twice a day. Brushing your teeth not only prevents tooth decay and disease, it also helps keep your smile fresh and white! Be sure to wait 20 minutes before and after eating to brush your teeth.
- Floss, floss, floss. This is the step many people forget in their dental routines. It is also important for preventing plaque and bacteria that give teeth a yellow appearance.
- Visit your dentist for a cleaning. Getting a professional cleaning at the dentist will help prevent disease and bacterial build-up that might cause a yellow smile.
- Include certain foods in your diet. Certain foods are known for helping to whiten a smile. Strawberries contain citric and malic acid which may lead to whiter teeth.
- Quit smoking. This habit is not only detrimental to your overall health, it also causes major damage to the appearance and health of your smile. Quitting smoking can also help reduce the risk of oral cancer.
- Use baking soda. This trick is one of the oldest in the book. To incorporate this into your routine, reach for baking soda toothpastes.
- Try our Zoom whitening service. Jackson Dental offers an in-house Zoom whitening service that only takes about an hour! The service requires a consultation beforehand.
To book a consultation for our Zoom whitening service, call us at (573) 243-5200 or stop by our office at 3100 E Jackson Blvd., Jackson, MO.