Let’s be honest – 2020 has been tough in a lot of ways. But studies show that finding a reason to smile and actually doing it can have a positive effect on your overall health. Whether it’s something funny our kids say or a happy memory that pops into our head at Jackson Dental we believe there is always something to smile about. Here are a few reasons you should add a smile or two or ten to your day each day
- Your body releases endorphins. Endorphins are those feel-good chemicals that boost happiness. The same chemicals that give you energy when you exercise and make you feel better.
- You feel less stressed. Do you know how we just said that Endorphins make you feel better? Well, when you feel stressed your body produces cortisol, which is very unhealthy. But endorphins actually lower your cortisol levels so the endorphins you release while smiling can actually combat the effects of stress.
- You look younger. Research has shown that people that smile are far more attractive and can look as much as three years younger than their actual age.
- You live longer. People who smile more tend to have a longer lifespan than those who don’t, especially when combined with healthy eating and exercise.
- Improved relationships. Nobody wants to be around a Debbie Downer. Research has shown that people who smile regularly appear more trustworthy, competent, and outgoing.
Not smiling cause you don’t like the way your smile looks? No worries, we can help! Give Jackson Dental a call today and let us help you get a smile you are proud to show off.