Your smile is more than a set of teeth. Your smile has a story to tell, and it’s an interesting one. Here are a couple fun teeth facts to impress your dentist with!
- Teeth are the only part of the body that can’t repair themselves! That’s why you need to visit the dentist often and take care of your pearly whites.
- No two people have the same set of teeth. They are just as unique as your fingerprints and face.
- A German dentist pulled the world’s longest known tooth that measured at 1.46 inches. It became clear pretty quickly why the patient had experienced such severe dental pain!
- According to the Mohs hardness scale, tooth enamel measures at a 5. This means it’s about as hard as steel.
- Baby teeth are just as important as adult teeth, as they provide a guide for adult teeth to grow into.
- In the animal kingdom, their teeth can tell dolphins’ age. Just like trees, they develop rings around their teeth as the years go by.
- Another fun tooth fact from the animal kingdom has to do with sharks. Did you know they constantly lose their teeth? They lose at least one tooth a week!
- Many people believe that teeth are bones, but this isn’t true! Teeth are very similar to bones, but they don’t produce bone marrow, so they can’t be classified the same.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body, even harder than bones!
- The first official toothbrush commercial aired in 1938, and the first toothpaste was introduced in 1908. That’s a lot more recent than you’d think!
Don’t wait to share these fun teeth facts with your dentist, schedule an appointment now! Call us at (573) 243-5200 or stop by Jackson Dental’s office at 3100 E Jackson Blvd., Jackson, Mo., to get schedule your visit.