Do you pass on hot and cold drinks due to tooth pain? If so, you may suffer from sensitive teeth.
Tooth sensitivity occurs when the enamel that protects your teeth gets thinner reducing the protection the enamel provides to the tooth and the root. Research shows the ailment affects up to 57% of the population.
What you can do to help alleviate pain:
- Choose toothpaste designed for tooth sensitivity. You’ll want to make sure it does not have high levels of abrasives.
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Brush and floss regularly. This can help reduce the plaque on the gum line and in between teeth.
- Follow a diet low in acid
- Visit the dentist. Sensitivity may be the sign of an underlying condition. Your dentist will be able to identify any issues and address them accordingly.